Geforce 4 MX4000/Newbie question

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Fri Feb 13 22:49:52 UTC 2004

Gary Waters became daring and sent these 0.6K bytes,
> Alert! This is a stupid newbie question. Please don't hurt me! ;-)
>
> I'm running Fedora core 1. I've got this nice Geforce4 MX4000 128MB card in
> front of me. I'm wondering what will happen if I plug it into my system. I
> Googled for compatibilty lists and found very little. Could somebody direct
> me to a good compatibility list? This may prevent future stupid newbie
> questions on my part.
>
> Would Fedora detect this card like it did with my geforce 2? Thanks!

Yes, the change in hardware would be detected. No worries though as both
cards use the same Xfree driver "nv", if you are running Nvidia's
accellerated drivers i would suggest upgrading to the latest release if
you have not already.

Aaron Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us - JID: mindstorm at jabber.avlug.org
The essential feature of complex behavior is the ability to perform
transitions between different states ... Complexity is concerned with
systems in which evolution, and hence history plays or has played an
important role in the observed behavior.