aic-7902 HostRaid

Yaroslav A. Rosomakho yaroslav at yaroslav.ru
Fri Feb 13 23:27:20 UTC 2004

Hello.

I have just purchased intel motherboard with integrated adaptec aic-7902
controller with hostraid feature. As far as I searched drivers for
hostraid feature for aic-7902 exist only for RedHat 8.0 and in binary
form.

So my options are:
1) install RedHat 8.0 with all updates, setup HostRaid drivers
2) install Fedora Core 1 with latest 2.4 kernel, setup Software Raid
3) install Fedora Core 1 with latest 2.6 kernel, setup Software Raid
4) consider Software Raid to be slow and buggy for production purposes
and hope modern hard drives are safe enough.

What do you recommend for a fast and stable production server?

wbr, Yaroslav Rosomakho

P.S. Disabling built-in controller and installing shiny LSI controller
with good drivers is not an option :-(