/var/log/messages error

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sat Feb 14 14:53:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:15:13 -0600, Marc Williams wrote:

> (If this gets posted twice, sorry about that)
> I think I've figured out what is causing the following error in my
> messages file:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0
>
> I just can't figure out why.

Some program has probed your audio devices which in turn triggered the
kernel module system to look for driver modules. If your primary audio
chipset is configured and working fine and if you don't have a second
audio chipset which you could enable, switch off above warnings with the
following entries in /etc/modules.conf:

  alias sound-slot-1 off
  alias sound-service-1-0 off