two up2date questions

Charlie Sauer sauer at technologists.com
Sun Feb 15 02:52:59 UTC 2004

1. What is up2date using for transfers? udp? I don't understand why it so
frequently croaks in transferring files. I'm glad that it warns me that
there is an invalid signature, but why can't it get the transfers right in
the first place?
2. Assuming there are lots of files to be transferred, why can't up2date
have a retry option for a file with an invalid signature instead of forcing
the user to start all over again? And/or, continue with tne next file?

Charlie

P.S. I'm saying this in the midst of trying to get the latest updates, when
I was up2date two days ago...
e-mail: sauer at technologists.com
web: http://technologists.com/