OT: Warning Regarding Microsoft

Donald Correll donaldcorrell at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 15 09:39:17 UTC 2004

M.Hockings wrote:

Re: I will admit that sometimes it takes a little reading to figure out
how to install under Linux.

If you have any tips, urls etc please share them with us. I am very
interested. Outside of Quake 3 and a handful of Loki Games(Heretic2) I
have not yet experienced much success. Running with sisscors promise
Poatal 2 but other than Reconstruction studios the boards ae
preternaturally quiet about new products.Between ask the game companies
for Linux versions and wine you lost me. By your staement are you
implying the sorce codewhere available can be recompiled for linux? Or
are you refering to actual titles that come precomplioled and can be
purchased or downloaded, installed and run: Pleas elucidate on this
subjest for the benefit of your benighted brethren.

Re: I work in software development and I am seeing more and more
requests to have our products run multi-platform.

I pesrsonnlly am eagerly awaiting the point where I can break in and get
involved with more than just running a game  server but once again I am
stymied by the lack of good docs and new tities to play with.. Why not
start a whole new thread on rthe subject of the Linux Lan Party. Plenty
of users have now configured NVidia and Xfree 86 but even though NVidia
has been the linux friend, from day one this is still an area of much
confusion. If you could be so kind start with wine.

Donald