Fedora and a Radeon Mobility 7500

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 13:51:43 UTC 2004

I have a Radeon Mobility 7500[M7 LW] in my laptop.  The DRI radeon
driver functions rather well, however there are a few issues with
OpenGL.  Is this driver missing functionality?  Some OpenGL based games
I try just do not work.  For example, I tried the Linux Savage demo, and
the screen is all garbled.  However, I am able to play this game under
FC1 using an NVidia card with NVidia's driver.  I also tried to play
Americas Army, and I have the same issue with it working great under my
FC1/Nvidia box, but not working under my FC1/Radeon 7500.  Some games do
work though.  I am able to play Enemy Territory and Return to Castle
Wolfenstein just fine with the FC1/Radeon 7500 as well as the FC1/Nvidia
setup.  The binary drivers from ATI say they do not support this card
and since the Radeon is in a laptop, I am stuck with it :(

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA