Fedora Core 1 freezes while booting

Timm F. Gloger timm.gloger at web.de
Sun Feb 15 17:01:36 UTC 2004

hi list,

i just installed fc1 on my machine and managed installation in text mode
(graphic mode produced some nice pixel chaos but nothing to work with)
but now after finishing the installation and rebooting the first time,
fedora freezes while starting the "firstboot" script or if i choose
interactive bootsetup it freezes after starting the configuration wizard.
after a hard-reset fedora freezes after initializing my firerwire
controller.

so i dont know how to fix it.
any ideas/solutions?

thanks timbob

ps.:
my machines configuration (hope it helps):
athlon 3000+ 32bit
asus a7n8x deluxe
sapphire radeon 9800 pro

--