another yum/python problem

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sun Feb 15 19:18:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:08:27AM -0500, Mark McGlone wrote:

> I've noticed a few other people having a problem like this but mine
> appears to be a little different.
>
> I get the following error when trying to run yum
>
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
> 	 import yummain
>        File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 30, in ?
> 	 import yumcomps
>        File "/usr/share/yum/yumcomps.py", line 4, in ?
> 	 import comps
>        File "/usr/share/yum/comps.py", line 5, in ?
> 	 import libxml2
>        File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 1, in ?
>      ImportError: No module named libxml2mod
>
> This happend right after installing kdebase (3.2.0) from the development
> archive.  As seen below.

  if you got /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2.py , that mean you have
a libxml2-python compiled against python2.2 availsble, and I don't see how
you would then not have libxml2mod object.
  Check rpm -V libxml2-python , and try to do an "import libxml2"
directly from a python-2.2 shell instance and see if you also get
the problem.

Daniel