[update] inexq router -- broken httpd

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Sun Feb 15 21:46:14 UTC 2004

On February 15, 2004 04:39 am, Trevor Smith wrote:
> I bought an inexa ISW050t, 802.11b wireless router to share my ADSL
[...]
> no longer run either KDE (my prefered environment) or Gnome. There are

OK, disregard my earlier message. I used the web admin page for my router
under Win2k, set up my router to give my entire machine a direct connection
(i.e. no firewall filtering in the hardware for it) and Bam! bob's my uncle
in Linux again (KDE/dcopserver starts).

HOWEVER, httpd has gotten broken somewhere along the way. I can't get it to
start. I initially was getting this error:

httpd failed. The error was: Starting httpd: httpd: Could not determine the
server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
[FAILED]

but I found some reference on the 'net to this error, followed the
instructions (edit httpd.conf to include a 'ServerName 127.0.0.1' line) and
now the error I get is:

httpd failed. The error was: Starting httpd: [FAILED]

<shrug> Any ideas about how to get httpd working again?

 Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com