[update] inexq router -- broken httpd

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 15 22:42:40 UTC 2004

Am So, den 15.02.2004 schrieb Trevor Smith um 22:46:
> On February 15, 2004 04:39 am, Trevor Smith wrote:
> > I bought an inexa ISW050t, 802.11b wireless router to share my ADSL
> [...]
> > no longer run either KDE (my prefered environment) or Gnome. There are
>
> OK, disregard my earlier message. I used the web admin page for my router
> under Win2k, set up my router to give my entire machine a direct connection
> (i.e. no firewall filtering in the hardware for it) and Bam! bob's my uncle
> in Linux again (KDE/dcopserver starts).
>
> HOWEVER, httpd has gotten broken somewhere along the way. I can't get it to
> start. I initially was getting this error:
>
> httpd failed. The error was: Starting httpd: httpd: Could not determine the
> server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
> [FAILED]

A ServerName is not an IP. If you really want to use localhost than give
it "localhost.localdomain". You have a corresponding line in
/etc/hosts.conf.

> but I found some reference on the 'net to this error, followed the
> instructions (edit httpd.conf to include a 'ServerName 127.0.0.1' line) and
> now the error I get is:
>
> httpd failed. The error was: Starting httpd: [FAILED]
>
> <shrug> Any ideas about how to get httpd working again?

Check /var/log/httpd/error_log for more information. Check also
apachectl -t or with parameter -S

>  Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 23:40:26 up 1 day, 3:19, load average: 0.03, 0.08, 0.05
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]