Drivers for Winmodems

Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com
Mon Feb 16 04:56:42 UTC 2004

Winmodems are soft modems, that's why they are not detected under Linux. I
also had same problem in my laptop. I'm still not very good at Linux but
following links were very helpful to me.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/G.Wilford/Inspiron8500/

http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta/resources/dell-i8500-linux

Though, to download the drivers i had to use an external modem with serial
port. But after building the drivers from the downloaded code, my winmodem
works fine. Hope these will be helpful for you as well.

Good luck.
Vikas

Please respond to fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent by:        fedora-list-admin at redhat.com