How to install J2SE on Core 1?

Jacques Escape deepspin at linuxmail.org
Mon Feb 16 12:37:42 UTC 2004

Howzit people!

I'm having some difficulty installing Java 2 SDK 1.4.1 for Linux onto a Fedora Core 1 SERVER configuration. Sun has the following to say:
"If you use RedHat Linux 7 Server, you must manually install compat-libstdc++-6.21-2.9.0.0.i386.rpm to prevent "error while loading shared libraries" when using the Java HotSpot VMs. This file is located in the /RedHat/RPMS directory on the RedHat Linux 7 CD-ROM. You may also obtain a copy of this file from rpmfind.net. "

1. How do I know whether I have the required package on my system?
2. Where can I download this package? I can't seem to find it on one of the FC1 CD's and also not on http://rpmfind.net.
3. Must I install this package? Or some other one/s, since I'm not actually running RHL7 Server?

Has anyone else around here installed J2SE on a FC1 Server? What did you do to get J2SE to work, and resolve this issue??

Thanx in advance for any help given. It's very much appreciated.

Jacques