Web development on FC1

Martin Alderson fedora at martinalderson.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 14:14:01 UTC 2004

On 16 Feb 2004, at 14:04, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>> Your kidding, right?
>
> No, not at all.
>
>> There is no way you can design a heavily graphical site using a text
>> editor.
>
> You mean those websites with all these flickering animated graphics?
>
> I really think, a web page you can not overlook in a text editor isn't
> worth to be published. You always have to handle css and html files in
> source. At least to make the site cross-browser compatible.

No, I don't mean flickering animated graphics, but designing heavily
graphical webpages (IE: most commercial sites nowadays would expect
graphical websites) in a text editor is like using SVG in a text editor
to design a logo. It's possible, but it's just so backwards it's not
worth taking the time to do.