Can't run emacs (specifically) on X over ssh

Greg Brigley greg at etymonic.com
Mon Feb 16 14:34:01 UTC 2004

"grep X11DisplayOffset /etc/ssh/ssh_config" returns nothing.

I'm guessing that 10 is the default and that I already had 3 ssh sessions open
to this box before the one where I tested this.  I'm assuming that things
like xterm and xclock would also not work if this was wrong.

"emacs -q" doesn't fix the problem.

My installations of ssh, X, and emacs are completely stock.  I haven't touched
the config files.