Web development on FC1

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Mon Feb 16 15:04:54 UTC 2004

On Feb 16, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Martin Alderson wrote:

> However, I use Dreamweaver because a) it has a half decent 'source'
> tab to edit with (which I do most  of my stuff in) and b) I can lay
> stuff out graphically without constantly having to redo CSS. Also, I
> find that being able to use split screen code and design view allows
> me to code as I usually would but also have the benifit of not having
> to save, go to a webbrowser and refresh every 15 seconds is a great
> benifit.

No arguments there.  DW has some really nice features, but like many
desktop environments, tends to get in my way more often than not.  I
tend to work a little "closer to the metal" than your typical web
developer.

> It's also good to see a fellow Apple user here :), btw.

When I saw the story that Linux was going to pass Apple on the desktop,
I knew I needed to make the switch.  I always enjoy working with the
underdog.  ;-)

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting