Web development on FC1

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 16 17:26:03 UTC 2004

I use a mixture of programs, most notably:

Konqueror (with split left (local) and right (remote) view) for ftp
Kate for quick editing pre-existing HTML content, php code hacking
Quanta for new HTML content
Mozilla/Firefox Web browsing

So my day is mostly:
1. Kate: hack, hack, hack (alt+tab to 20)
2. Konqueror: drag and drop from local to remote (alt+tab to Firefox)
3. Firefox: view page on the Web
4. GOTO 1

Konqueror's ability to name and store window settings (see the
"Settings" menu) is one of the main features that allowed me to
switch(TM) from Windows/Dreamweaver to FC1/*.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting
mc2 at lightlink.com