SCSI needs

Rudi Engelbertink rudi at unsec.nl
Mon Feb 16 21:00:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 12:47:45PM -0800, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 09:53, Rudi wrote:

> > As you already stated, the 154x is an old ISA card and is still supported by FC1
> >
> > The setup of the card is quit simple, select an I/O port and a BIOS address
> > not in use. The bios address is only neccesary if want to boot from the drive.
> >
> > sw5 is only used if a floppydrive is connected (1542) so that's a don't care.
> >
> > If you only connect 1 disk drive, termination should be enabled on the controller
> > as well on the drive.
> >
> > If you want to use a slightly more modern card you could go for a ncr/symbios
> > 53c810 it's a cheap and reliable card.
>
> Thanks for the reply!  I am connecting to only one device (a 1GB Jazz
> Drive) that I will not be booting from.  It is used as a backup device
> (I have lots of the removable drives). so performance isn't an issue
> either.
>
> So it sound like I just need to put the card in and load up the driver.
> Which driver is it?
It' the aha154x ad you can just add 'alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx' to the
/etc/modules.conf or to the /etc/modprobe.conf if you are using a 2.6 kernel

Remember it is a ISA card and only supported by older motherboard.

> Then I can load up the iomega linux rpm and I should be good to go.
>
> If that doesn't work I will go the route of ncr/symbios 53c810

RGDS Rudi.
--
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it;
To mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.