Fedora and a Radeon Mobility 7500

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 03:14:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 13:53, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> The radeon mobility m7 works fine with xf86 4.3  including opengl and
> xvideo... what motivated you to use anything else...
>
> joelja

There are issues with the open source DRM driver as my post pointed
out.  I have ran into several OpenGL based games that don't work on my
radeon mobility m7 using the open source drivers while the same games
work great on my Nvidia card using NVidia's drivers.  Other then the
handful of games, the open source radeon driver does work well.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA