Turn off Animation

Tue Feb 17 04:49:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 22:39, Youssef Makki wrote:
> It's a Metacity feature.
> I wonder if anyone is using Sawfish in FC1? I've read a few people are
> using the XFCE4 wm in Gnome.
>

> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 23:20, Charles Howse wrote:

> > > Nice question, I would like to know that also (as no one answered all
> > > these days)
> >
> > I found in the list archives that that feature is not yet implemented in
> > FC1/Gnome.
> >
> > I can turn off animation in KDE by going to:
> > Control Center/Desktop/Windows Behavior/Moving/Animate Minimize and Restore.

If you go into Gconf configuration editor, go into apps, then metacity,
then general. Click "Reduced Resources". I believe that this setting
will disable animation and the display of window contents while
dragging/moving, etc.

With respect to the use of XFWM4 and GNOME, there are some issues with
GNOME panel when using XFWM4. The panels will not be positioned properly
on login and have to be repositioned manually. This is known and is in
Bugzilla.

I am using the full XFCE4 desktop along with Rox instead of Nautilus and
it is great.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz