Very OT: The Most Important Question

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Tue Feb 17 15:23:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 01:52, Chris Gray wrote:
> So, when do we get to buy new Fedora baseball caps like the wicked black
> low-profile Shadowman caps that Redhat sells? And what manner of Open Source
> project doesn't have cool t-shirts?
>
> Who's in charge of procuring and selling schwag? I will volunteer if the job
> isn't already filled. Seriously.
>
> Chris G.

I think that we need to have the financial support structure in place.
This way any profit from the sale of Fedora inspired products can be put
into a general account to be used to purchase, hardware, software, and
other necessities for specific use by the Fedora developers, such as new
servers, tape subsystems, cd burners, et al. Also, the "official logo"
has not been determined as of yet, though there is a large group that
seem to like the idea of the blue fedora, giving the nod to roots of
fedora coming from Red Hat, but the blue signifying that we are the same
but different. That and the blue goes along with the color scheme that
Fedora splash screens currently use. I wish I was an artist. I have a
picture in my mind of Tux in a trenchcoat with a blue fedora looking a
bit like Bogey. It would lend an air of coolness to the project. Tux
would give that tip to his hat and say, "here's linuxing you, kid".
Okay, corny, but that is why I am an engineer and not a marketer.
Just my 2c.
Ed

--
Edward M. Croft