Is someone manage to install nvu?

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Tue Feb 17 16:51:20 UTC 2004

No, you don't have to unpack in your Firebird directory.  Here's what I did:

1. Download http://cvs.nvu.com/download/nvu-0.1.tar.gz
2. Download http://glazman.org/libstdc++.so.3.0.4
3. Create a new empty directory called nvu (doesn't matter where)
4. copy nvu-0.1.tar.gz into the empty directory and unpack with "tar
zxvf nvu-0.1.tar.gz"
5. As root, copy the libstdc++.so.3.0.4 into /usr/lib/
6. Create a symlink: ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3.0.4
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3
7. Make sure /usr/lib/ is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH evironment variable:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(you may want to put this in your .bashrc file for future use)

HTH

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting