Set Environment

Raghu V Vadapalli vze269th at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 20:49:36 UTC 2004

copy these two lines to your ~/.bash_profile and you are
all set with your environment.
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

But if you want to start java -jar * that's a different story as you
have to work on init scripts. As long as you want just a launcher
copying these two lines is good enough.