SpeedTouch and Kernel modules in FC1

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Feb 18 00:17:45 UTC 2004

Hello Ossama,

> I got a linux driver for SpeedTouch USB DSL modem, to
> use it with Fedora Core 1.
> link: http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/

The speedtouch kernel driver comes precompiled with Fedora (slocate
speedtch renders
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o).

You will need the speedbundle from
http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/ . It contains modem_run
which you need to upload the firmware.

If you are using a silver Speedtouch 330 rev.4 you will have to wait a
couple of days to use the kernel mode driver as work is being done on
modem_run to make it compatible with the 330 rev.4 modem and the kernel
mode driver (see the mailinglist archive under contacts at
http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/).

The user mode driver can already be used with the patch that I made
available at
http://www.ottolander.nl/opensource/speedtouch/speedtouch.html . Make
sure the kernel driver does not get autoloaded if you use the user mode
driver.

Leonard.