XFree86 License Change

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Wed Feb 18 04:51:26 UTC 2004

Preston became daring and sent these 0.9K bytes,
> El Martes, 17 de Febrero de 2004 07:32 AM, David Balazic escribi?:
> > Note that the old licence is valid until 4.4.0RC2 , only 4.4.0RC3 has the
> > new licence.
> But, basically the XFree will contnue being Open Source and free, whats the
> difference? I cant underestand the problem yet.

from what i have been able to gather from the couple minutes i have
looked at this, the new license seems to demand permission for any
distribution and subdistribution. There seems to be a few otehr problems
hinting but i need to read the license further. What a pain in the ass.

--
   /\o   Aaron M Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us
    /\/  GnuPG key fingerprint is in the header