How to get KDE 3.2 for FC1 that recognizes ALSA?

Mary Ellen Foster M.E.Foster at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:29:42 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 18 Feb 2004 00:35, James Jones wrote:
> So...is there a Fedora Core repository that has the KDE 3.2 that knows
> from ALSA?

Not that I know of ... but it's not that big a deal to rebuild the necessary
RPMS from the SRPMS (also available from download.kde.org, or wherever you
got the RPMS from). Enabling ALSA is just a matter of changing a "0" to a "1"
in a couple of .spec files, as I recall.

I'm not currently on the machine where I did the above, but my recollection is
that it's just aRts and kdelibs that you need to rebuild to get ALSA working.
I also rebuilt kdemultimedia, but IIRC that was just to enable mpeglib.

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/~mef/ __
"What, do you want to tempt the wrath of the ... whatever, from high