Recommedations

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 11:19:36 UTC 2004

Hi Brittany,

> I am a newbie in Linux so maybe you guys can help.

We can try. I've noticed you've moved to this list from the test-list,
so you've started already :-)

> What do you recommand me on downloading that is 1 step ahead of
> windows.

DOS would be a start ;-p

As I said yesterday, I'm happy to send you a copy of Fedora Core 1 on CD
if you'd rather do that than download the ISO images yourself.

When you install linux, you have the choice of what to do with what you
have on your HD. You can have both Linux and WinXP on the same machine
if you want (which means you can ease yourself in) or just zap
everything off and install Linux.

You will find the Linux desktop very easy to use, much more simple than
XP and better yet, you'll be in charge of your machine instead of the
software trying (badly) to do the thinking for you.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong, but with
authority" - Dr Who.