S3 Prosavage PN133 Video issue during installation

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Feb 18 14:31:14 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-02-18 às 09:29, Paul Dubinsky escreveu:
> > > Atlantic University , is to add then following line:
> > >         Option      "UseBIOS" "off"
> >I think he was talking about installation...
> He was but you could only make this change after installation and then you
> couldn't login to make the change.

There was a parameter you set so you can install graphically. Man, I'm
starting to forget stuff hard. I know because I've installed fedora on
my machine in 640x480, but with X, not text-mode. And I have a
Prosavage...

> > > RedHat distros had just that question: text or graphical login?
> >typing "linux text" on boot cd doesnt to this?
> No, it doesn't (that was my first attempt at getting around this problem)
> but maybe it should.  The install runs in text mode but the first boot runs
> in runlevel 5 graphical mode.

I cannot say about this. I can't remember if a upgraded machine (from
rh9) opens firstboot...

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group