Network Functionality Zero

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Feb 18 15:31:23 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-02-18 às 11:56, Rodolfo J. Paiz escreveu:

> It's easy to get a Realtek to work, but they are not very high-quality
> cards from what I hear. They will have higher CPU utilization than others
> and will be inefficient in several ways (search the archives for details,
> this is just what my memory says).
> I would take a look at some of the good/cheap cards out there, like Netgear
> and D-Link. I have had good luck with both in the past, although my
> "default" card when I wanted something good was 3Com.

It's a cheap one, doesn't have any problems with standard install of FC1
(as 3c905 has), and works with anything. Dlink uses it, and it not
"fries" as easy as via and sis ones, that has several problems with any
energy peak.

I cannot say anything about it working on a hard bandwidth usage,
though.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group