Recommedations

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Wed Feb 18 16:43:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 08:30, David Cantrell wrote:
> Also, if you want a full featured try-it before you buy-iy linux with
> most of the bells and whistles, head off to the P2P sharing services
> and grab Lindows 4.5 Cd. They released it free on the big P2P networks
> last week and it can give you a very workable CD booted distro to test
> and NVU was developed on this OS so a few items are a trifle better
> there, if you want a graphcal web design tool that is.

Lindows is brain dead, run everything as root.  It's the best way to
teach you how NOT to run Linux.  I recommend staying away from it.
Fedora with a couple of god yum archives such as freshrpms and Dag
Weeirs repository will give you more than enough to study.

George Farris	farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College - Cowichan Campus