Recommedations

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Wed Feb 18 18:53:29 UTC 2004

Brittany, might I suggest that you grab a distro or two and a couple of
spare pcs. This will allow you to play with the install process and try
a few different distros to see which gives you what you need. I also
might suggest getting a copy of Linux in a Nutshell from O'Reilly. A
nice little handbook that will be very helpful in learning the command
syntax and how to use vi and emacs.
I started playing around at home many moons ago. I had copies of
Caldera, Turbo, Suse, Red Hat and a few others. I liked Caldera's
installer, got to play Tetris while waiting. :-) Suse had a lot of
stuff, but I settled on Red Hat and have stayed through many iterations.
Linux is a great little operating system. Take the time  and you will be
well rewarded.
Ed.