Linux 'n games

Alexander H.M. Ruoff alexander.ruoff at ruoff-germany.de
Wed Feb 18 18:56:55 UTC 2004

> Hello Alex
>
> My experience iss that many users just want to play with there computers
> and this works better with MS. I had installed a view Systems for
> Computer Newbies and Beginners and they learned very fast to work and
> handle Linux. But the second question was "and games ....."
>
> A fiew firms thinking of change from Microsoft to Linux but this is a
> hard way for the companies when they had specific Software for Microsoft
> and paid for this much money.
>
> But for example last year I worked for the Fraunhofer Institut they are
> looking for answers on linux based System ,,,, and it works very well
>
> So I hope the games will also change to Linux for a better Life ;)
>
> --
> Dirk Wendland

Hi Dirk,

I know that problem and wine won't help, thus I will install a naked W98
or XP for the couple of games I like to play. I tried some of the linux
games when I was bored over christmas but I didn't manage to get them
running (torcs & racer).

Anyway... I am just a 'normal' user not a pro and thus I will reduce
Windows to my personal playstation.

Alex

PS: There are more and more games coming out for Linux but I want only
my old Need for Speed III and V running so if there is a possibility
under Linux, I am happy to try it ;)