ghostscript configuration problems

Wolfram Webers wwebers at freenet.de
Wed Feb 18 19:13:26 UTC 2004

Hi Marian,

yeah, KGhostscript is messing around with the original ghostscript
files. I would say this is a very nasty bug. I ran into the same trap
door. But as I compared the configuration with an original working
system, I found out the following

KGhostscript is clearing the Fontmap file in ghostscript's original
library path; mainly:

/usr/share/ghostscript/7.07/lib/Fontmap

Simply, re-add the following content to the file:

%!
% See Fontmap.GS for the syntax of real Fontmap files.
(/etc/fonts/Fontmap) .runlibfile
(Fontmap.GS) .runlibfile

That's it. Be sure you already have a Fontmap in /etc/fonts. If not,
simply play around with KDE control center's font management. This one
instructs the X's font server to create a new one.

Hope this helps,

Wolfram.