Comparing prices skips software freedom

Alexander H.M. Ruoff alexander.ruoff at ruoff-germany.de
Wed Feb 18 19:20:43 UTC 2004

I have to agree... different people have different reasons and price is
one of them. But consider that, how much does it cost you when you PC
crashes with some critical work? It's not only the time you loose but
also the work.

So most people and definitely most companies should calculate which OS
is really the cheapest, either MS Windows with their famous bluescreen
or some of the commercial Linux distributions with all the services and
support?

When MS talks about prices, I wonder whether I can charge them for the
loss of time and work I had due to system-crashes Win98 and Win2k?

Alex