FC2 test 1

Tom Needs a Hat Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 18 22:11:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 07:45:22AM +0100, Bob Marcan wrote:

> >>Maybe we should take it further, and use themed CDs... so you'd have:
> >>
> >>CD1: Basic server or workstation install (with GNOME)

> >And put Emacs and Xemacs on CD3 too... That is just an editor from the
> >past!
>
> Now i'm angry !!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as CD#1 will load enough for a safe tight bootable
configuration I will be happy to have Emacs and Xemacs on any disc.

After the 'central' core and tools are loaded then CD#2...999999 can
be selected and loaded from a running system.

I suspect that in less than 18 months, 64 bit ready packages will fuel a
distribution explosion.  By keeping a goal that CD#1 is sufficient to
fully bootstrap (load) all the other packages there is a chance for
a smooth inclusion of these new generation 64 bit engines into FCn.
And yes I want one (OK two).

BTW: I am typing this inside of X-emacs and I am not angry...

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net