Radeon Card Supported by Fedora

Mark mark at harddata.com
Wed Feb 18 16:07:40 UTC 2004

On February 19, 2004 01:09 pm, Jon Shorie wrote:
> I have access to several Radeon Cards.   What I am wondering is which of
> the following would be the best to use with Fedora's drivers.  Here is what
> I have access to:  Radeon 7000, Radeon 7500, Radeon 9200, Radeon IGP 320.

I would use the Radeon 9200 over the rest. (I don't know what the IGP 320 is
exactly. Is that an onboard chipset?) Either way the 9200 is the generation
newer than the 7500 and should be supported by both the ATI Firegl drivers
and the opensource drivers. I have a 9100 that does well with the opensource
DRI drivers but doesn't seem to handle the UT2004 demo.

> I do not play first person shooter games, but do enjoy some gaming on my
> Fedora Box.  3d capability is not a primary concern at this time.
> Stability and 2d speed and quality is.

The DRI drivers are probably all you need. If you had a 9500 or greater then
you may want the FireGL but upto 9200 will run well with DRI drivers with 3D
support.
Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--