replacing MS Access - experiences?

Brian Johnson bjohnson at johnson-engineering.ca
Thu Feb 19 16:53:55 UTC 2004

I like browser based solutions since they run from the server on any
workstation OS and can be opened up for internet access if you wish

You could try phppgadmin where you can also enter db records and has a report
feature where you can make a report and then save it.

But for complex input forms or reports, you need a custom coded app for this
concept.  We built one as a module for phpgroupware since it also provides
email client, calendar sharing, todo, notes, and a bunch of other useful
tools.  So our app just becomes another module within a consistent framework
to our users.