Can't access LSI SCSI onboard bios, however Fedora detects & loads proper modules?

Joerg Battermann jb at justbe.com
Thu Feb 19 19:20:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

I got a used Tyan HS2567 Motherboard, with an onboard (and in its bios
enabled) LSI Scsi controller. However, i never see or can access any lsi
setup/bios... it just doesn't show up. there's no jumper on the board
that could prevent that, nor anything else.

the machine also has a 3ware card installed, which bios shows/runs just
fine during the initial boot phase.

however, when I put in the fc1-cd ... it detects the scsi controller,
loads the module.. and shows the one attached 18gig ibm drive.

the problem is, I can't boot from it, because the motherboards own bios,
doesn't show the scsi controller/hdd as boot-device.. only the 3ware
one.... any idea how I can fix/work around that? I want the 18gig scsi
drive to hold the actual linux installation, and only use the raid-5
behind the 3ware card for the /home partition & personal files.

cheers & thanks,
--

Joerg Battermann
jb at justBE.com