Radeon Card Supported by Fedora

Mark mark at harddata.com
Wed Feb 18 21:17:03 UTC 2004

On February 19, 2004 06:29 pm, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Jon Shorie wrote:
> > So let me see if I understand.  From reading this thread, it appears that
> > the Radeon 8500, 9100 use the r200 chip.  The radeon 9000 and 9200 use
> > the r250 chip.  The igp320 uses a form of R2xx chip.
>
> at this point I'd probably prefer the igp 320 less than the others simply
> because it new and the best drivers for it yet aren't in the released
> kernels and xf86... the 7500 and 7000 are r1xx the 7500 should be more
> that twice as fast as the 7000 so my first preference would be for the
> 9200...

The igp 320 probably also shares system ram which is alot slower than
dedicated video memory. The faster core would probably give you an advantage
somewhat but the memory speed will take that away.

Incidently enough the FireGL drivers don't support anything under r200 so you
would have to run the DRI driver for anything less than a Radeon 8500.

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--