Graphical install x config failures

MICHAEL DIRGO mickjetblue at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 22:32:50 UTC 2004

Nobody responded to my former post about installation problems, and I was fortunate enough to undergo enough testing to now answer it myself. It may benefit others having installation problems with Fedora, and its relatives, that are the newest on the market.
I had to skip the x configuration in the graphical installation, and then use a manual xfree86 configuration to get the installation to work. Older versions of LInux installed cleanly with their graphical installers, but the newer versions are much more finicky, or more poorly designed in some areas. Anyway, I am running with Fedora. Thank you, mickjetblue at yahoo.com