Nvidia driver causing display flickers

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Fri Feb 20 00:04:29 UTC 2004

I recently installed the Nvidia-supplied driver (v5336), via Nvidia's
installer, against kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl, on a Dell Inspriron 8600.
O/S is FC1, all errata (up to 4 days ago).

My overall impression has been great, except I see a screen flicker from
time to time. Some early monitoring seems to show this is occuring
regularly, every 8-9 minutes.

$HOME/.xsession-errors and /var/log/messages do not show any warnings or
errors at these times.

Has anyone seen (and hopefully solved) this problem?

I realise this driver is 3rd-party, so apologies if this is considered
off-topic.

Thanks, Ben