Recommedations... more some thoughts about Linux in the real world

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 03:44:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 13:38, Dirk Wendland wrote:
> Hello Alex
>
> My experience iss that many users just want to play with there computers
> and this works better with MS. I had installed a view Systems for
> Computer Newbies and Beginners and they learned very fast to work and
> handle Linux. But the second question was "and games ....."

Tell them to buy a PS2 : )

WineX (www.transgaming.com) supports a good amount of games.
Here is a partial list of games supported by WineX:
http://tinyurl.com/3coj2
Games rated 4 or 5 should run just as well as they do under MS Windows.

There are also native Linux games out and new ones on the way.

Of course if you are a "hardcore" PC gamer, you will most likely need MS
Windows since you will be able to play the latest-and-greatest.

> Dirk Wendland

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA