Linux and Industry

Wayde Gutman waydecgutman at robsoncom.net
Fri Feb 20 05:01:33 UTC 2004

Yeah, it's me again. Before any of you new comers to the Linux community
start ragging how Linux isn't ready for prime time, go to these sites.

www.sherline.com [look into their CNC systems]

www.linuxcnc.org

or googled "Enhanced Machine Control" or "rtlinux".

These are examples of the linux operating systems used in mission
critical 'real time' mode. The original writers of the Enhanced Machine
Control, or emc, software was NIST (National Institute of Standards and
Technology), a U.S. government entity. The software, from the beginning,
was written for linux.

There are many links from the sites that I mentioned, follow them and
learn. Linux is different things to different people.

-Wayde
	...linux user and long time machinist...