Taking forever to upgrade!

Craig cs007fc at wowway.com
Fri Feb 20 06:03:40 UTC 2004

Brittany wrote:

>when i had installed my Fedora, FC (i think2) I have notice a red ! on
>my bottom right bar, where my time/date is at. It is taking forever to
>upgrade. I have notice that i was receiving couple of errors saying that
>some of my files was tampered with so i re-downloaded it all.
>
>how long does it take to have a complete installation on a DSL line?
>
>Brittany

It can take a long time. There is precious little bandwidth when
compared to the amount of people trying to access the same server.
Please read the archives of this list, you'll find your best best has
and always will be to access a mirror. I admit to being impatient myself
and have been willing to put several mirrors into my up2date sources
list in order to get a quick response. But, as I said before in response
to your original Micro$oft $uck$ post, you might be better off getting
updates from other sources.