recommendations for top-quality 3D CAD packages for FC1?

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Feb 20 12:16:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 07:13 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   can anyone suggest really high-quality 3D CAD programs (either GPL or
> commercial would be fine) that they've had good experience with?  i'm not

Hi Rob,

 I can't point you to what is right now a really high-quality 3D CAD
program, because all the Free Software programs still need a lot of help
in this issue and I refuse to point anyone to programs that will hold
you hostage to their software and document formats, thus reducing the
chance to change to a Free Software product later on.

 However, I ask you please to not confuse commercialization of a program
with the kind of copyright license it has.

 A lot of GPL software is sold commercially (take RHEL for instance).
 Also, Free Software is not restricted to GPL'ed software, there are
many more Free Software licenses.

 What you meant to say, instead, would probably be more like "(either
Free Software or proprietary would be fine)"

 Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?