Radeon Card Supported by Fedora

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Feb 20 15:30:32 UTC 2004

Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Qua, 2004-02-18 às 18:17, Mark escreveu:
>

>>Incidently enough the FireGL drivers don't support anything under r200 so you
>>would have to run the DRI driver for anything less than a Radeon 8500.
>

> All these models are confusing me.
>
> Anyway, what card is good enough to play ut2004 and that has the drivers
> already on fedora, so we don't need to get them from ATI or NVidia site?

I purchased a new computer and spec'd an ATI 9600 Pro after seeing
drivers on ATI's site.  After getting the computer, I fought for three
weeks trying to get 3D to work.  In frustration, I purchased a Nvidia
card and installed their drivers.  Working and playing games with no
problems.

I have an ATI 7500 at work and it is okay for some games.
--
Robin Laing