Postfix and Maildir

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Fri Feb 20 16:39:30 UTC 2004

From: "WipeOut" <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net>
> Nigel wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knew of a fedora / redhat 8 / redhate ES
> > avaialble "Maildir/" compatible POP3 / IMAP server?
> >
> > I have an older one I used with RH 7.2 but with this now being so old
> > I'd prefer a new approach.  The older one is the excellent job done by
> > David Harris.
> >
> > I have found " imap-2001a-10mdir12.i386.rpm
> > <http://jerker.nyberg.org/maildir/imap-2001a-10mdir12.i386.rpm> "
> > which is 5 versions back from the one in RH 8 (which does not support
> > "Maildir/".
> >
> > Anything newer / better?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> Take a look at Dovecot (included with FC1) AFAIK it supports Maildir
> although it may have to be rebuilt to support it..

Nope, I did an FC1 install a couple of months ago, and the version of
dovecot that ships with FC1 includes the ability to do Maildir.

Now, getting dovecot, postfix, and Mutt to all look at the directories the
same way was interesting. :)

Note:  If you do maildir instead of mbox, any procmail scripts that you had
will change.  I don't have the FC1 box up, or I'd post the ones I was using
for testing.  Sorry.

Ben