Postfix and Maildir

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Feb 20 16:41:13 UTC 2004

> > > I was wondering if anyone knew of a fedora / redhat 8 / redhate ES
> > > avaialble "Maildir/" compatible POP3 / IMAP server?

> > > I have an older one I used with RH 7.2 but with this now being so old

> > > I have found " imap-2001a-10mdir12.i386.rpm
> > > <http://jerker.nyberg.org/maildir/imap-2001a-10mdir12.i386.rpm> "
> > > which is 5 versions back from the one in RH 8 (which does not support
> > > "Maildir/".

> > > Anything newer / better?

i like courier-imap, http://www.inter7.com/courierimap.html

mr. sam, the author, is one of those unique personalities that
takes some getting used to, but the software is sound and is being
actively developed.

the rh/fedora installation is slightly tricky, the best approach is
to build binary rpms from the source tarball and then install the
rpms. this is all discussed on the page that the url given above
links to.

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net