CAD Program

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Sat Feb 21 03:01:07 UTC 2004

On 20/02/04, at 14:53 -0500, James Drabb <JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 15:49, Ricardo Ardila Vetrovec wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > anyone know a cad program, like autocad BUT OF COURSE!!!! simple!!!! i
> > need to do a simple files not fancy ;)
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> If you cannot find a Linux based CAD program, you can try Wine.  You can
> purchase Crossover Office from http://www.codeweavers.com/.  It makes
> installing supported MS Windows apps under Linux very easy.  I just
> tried CadStd (http://www.apperson.org/cadstd/) Lite and it installed and
> ran fine under Crossover Office.  There is also this page on using
> AutoCAD R14 under standard wine, http://tinyurl.com/2tzte

The problem is that with Wine, you can't use recent versions of
AutOCAD. Like AutoCAD 2002 for instance doesn't run on the latest version
of wine or Codeweaver's wine!

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg