X slower in FC1??

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Sat Feb 21 19:26:13 UTC 2004

I assume this means they're slower now than before the migration?

>>>It's most probably the default X video drivers, as they are
>>>NOT 3D accelerated. You will need to google for the 3D accelerated
>>>driver for the type of video card that system has. Once you have done
>>>that you will notice that it will be much faster.
>>
>>but i am exporting display. does the video driver come into play here?

You wouldn't think so, but I can't say for certain. I've occasionally
run into situations where exported displays suddenly seemed much slower,
and it's turned out that the NIC on one of the machines was running at
10 Mbit instead of 100. Worth checking.

Peter