apt-get build cd

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Sun Feb 22 15:36:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:24:35 -0600, AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION
graced me with:
> i think theres a how to some where but dam if i can find it . this
> is what i am trying to do , i want to down load rpms to a cd and
> use it as a apt-get repositorie so i can 1 have a copy and 2
> install them when i want to so it would go apt-get cd rom bla bla
> but thats what i am triing to do . is it posible and is there a how
> to on this ?

I'm not fully awake, so pardon any idiocy that happens to come from
this reply. :0) ...

Wouldn't it be as simple as downloading from a mirror to your HD the
updates you wish to save on CD, burning them to CD, then modifying
your 'apt-get' parameters to point to your CD-ROM drive as a source?

I've never used 'apt-get', but if it's similar to 'yum', I would think
that with your CD-ROM drive specified as source it would time-out on
the others (when you are disconnected from the Web), but see the
CD-ROM source and begin the update process.

Well, it makes sense to me. :0)

Paul